Will a textbook be required?
- A textbook is NOT required for any course except for Trigonometry. We use a particular textbook to guide the structure of each course, so the book could be used as a supplement, but is not necessary except for College Algebra and Trigonometry.
What textbooks are used to structure the course?
- 5th grade: Math 5: 3rd edition - Bob Jones
- 6th grade: Math 6: 3rd edition - Bob Jones
- Pre-Algebra: Pre-Algebra: 2nd edition - Bob Jones
- Algebra 1: Algebra: Structure and Method Book 1 - McDougal, Littell
- Geometry: Geometry- McDougal, Littell
- Algebra 2: Algebra and Trigonometry: Structure and Method Book 2 - McDougal, Littell
- College Algebra / Trigonometry: Algebra and Trigonometry: 8th Edition - Richard Aufmann, Richard Nation
What if I have multiple children of my own that will be taking the same course?
- Your own children can use the same account to access the pre-recorded content. However, separate accounts (separate purchases) will be needed to enroll into the live sessions and for the test/quiz grading add-on.
Are there free sample lessons available?
- Within the pre-recorded courses, the first lesson for each course is available to view.
Here is a sample video of what a live session looks like.
What is the refund policy?
- A full refund can be requested up to 2 weeks after the course start date. After 2 weeks from the start date of the class no refunds will be given.
How do I cancel my subscription or update my billing information?
Here is a link that explains how to make these changes.
What if a student misses a lesson?
- Every lesson is pre-recorded and can be accessed at any time.
I see that Bob Jones texts are chosen to outline some of the courses. Will religion be taught in the math courses?
- There is no religion incorporated into any of the math courses.
Does Colosky's Math Academy teach according to the Common Core methods?
Can a student take more than one class at the same time?
- Yes, but it’s not always recommended. Geometry is the easiest class to take with another class. It could be taken at the same time as either Algebra 1 or Algebra 2. However, there are a few Algebra 1 skills that will be required for a few parts of Geometry.
What are Mr. Colosky's credentials?
The instructors full credentials can be found here:
What is the recommended sequence of math classes to take?
- 5th grade math
- 6th grade math
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- College Algebra
Is Colosky's Math Academy partnered with any charter schools?
- We are approved as a vendor through a few charter schools, and would be willing to also become a vendor through other charter schools. If you would like us to partner with a charter school in your area, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the information about the charter school.
How does Colosky's Math Academy compare to Saxon and Math-U-See?
- A complete comparison can be found here: http://coloskys-math-academy.thinkific.com/pages/comparison-of-math-curriculum
How do I know which class my child should be taking? Is there a way to test my child?
- The recommended sequence of classes is outlined above. If you are still not sure which class your child should be in, you can ask us for the syllabus and/or a form of pre-test that can be administered.
What if the FAQ's above does not answer my specific question?
- Always feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any other questions or concerns you may have.